Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Phantom of the Opera

Yesterday a group of 12 girls decided to have a girls night and go to the Theatre in London. We went to see Phantom of the Opera, and it was unbelievable!! Now I am cheap, so I bought cheap seats, but even though I could hardly see stage left at times, the play was spectacular. Now I have always loved going to musicals growing up, and with two brothers that becomes hard to do, but I am so glad that I have a mom who loves musicals and plays just as much as I do. I mention this because when I was at this theatre I felt like a little kid again. My expressions were definitely little kid worthy, I was in such awe by everything. Even though I knew what would happen, considering I've seen the movie, I was on the edge of my seat. This was partially due to the fact that I was straining to see what was happening down on the stage below me but  I think even if I had the most fantastic (most expensive) seats ever I would still be at the edge of the seat. It was beautifully done, and I felt that I enjoyed the on stage version exponentially more than the movie. It was incredible, I'm still in awe.

Now I mentioned that we went as a group of 12 girls, it was a great deal of fun but let's just say getting to the theatre from Oxford and back was a bit more challenging than I was anticipating, haha.


Tomorrow our entire group is headed to Brussels and Paris, I will make sure to remember what all happens the next four days as best I can for you guys!

1 comment: