Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Woke up in London Yesterday"

Well a lot has happened in the past week or so, I have been to London twice, listened to a number of intriguing interviews discussing the social impact of this past London 2012 Olympic Games, saw Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre, and so much more.

I will start with this past weekend trip to London. A small group of students has been researching the positive social, pro-poor impacts of this past Olympic Games. We met with several prominent players of the London Olympics and even with an anti-olympic game enthusiast. The meetings were extremely interesting and filled with a million pieces of data. We were busy with meetings from early Friday morning (left the house at 7:20) all the way until late Saturday afternoon. However while we were in London we were ale to explore the massive city, and go sight-seeing. After my very first traditional meal of fish and chips, of course! 

After this our adventure began! Evan, Cassie and I set out to use the Underground and attempt to see as many sights as we could in one night. We were successful, I thought! We went on a number of subways, or tubes as they are called here, and saw Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Princess Diana's Walk, Tower Bridge, London Bridge, and Westminster Abbey. This all happened in about 4 hours, crazy! We were running around like crazy and stopping for the occasional and traditional picture!



 
 

I am still amazed that we saw so much in such a short amount of time. And no worries y'all I was not the one leading the way for directions…


If you don't know me that well, let's just say I am a bit directionally challenged.

More to come on the rest of my adventures that I mentioned earlier in my next posts!

And P.S. this song came on when I was doing research earlier today and just thought it fit so well:

"Woke up in London yesterday
Found myself in the city near Piccadilly 
Don't really know how I got here
I got some pictures on my phone

Oh this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good, good life"
-One Republic, Good Life







No comments:

Post a Comment